201915/08/2019 Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH.: A versatile standard focal length has been added to the lens portfolio for the Leica SL and other L-Mount systems Leica Camera AG has expanded the Summicron-SL lens family with another high-performance lens: the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. Its focal length makes the new SL-Lens extremely versatile and recommends it for use in almost any situation – for instance, reportage and travel photography, studio work, architectural, landscape, portrait, close-up or documentary photography. As is the case with the other Summicron-SL lenses, the APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. sets standards and takes its place as the new reference lens among the standard focal lengths.
- 01/08/2019 Leica Geovid "2019 Edition" I binocoli Leica Geovid, punti di riferimento nella telemetria laser, sono compagni affidabili e risultano indispensabili per molti cacciatori. A partire da agosto, Leica offre il Geovid 8x42 HD-B 3000 e il Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 in una speciale “2019 Edition” – caratterizzata dal nuovo rivestimento verde oliva. Ambedue i modelli saranno disponibili in quantità limitate solo fino a marzo 2020.
- 25/07/2019 Leica Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germania) espande la fortunata serie Leica Fortis 6 con un altro cannocchiale da puntamento: il Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i. La combinazione perfetta tra l’elevatissima resa ottica e il design snello rende unico il Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i fra i cannocchiali con zoom 6x e lente frontale da 56 mm di diametro.
- 11/07/2019 Chief Financial Officer is leaving Leica Camera AG Leica Camera AG, an internationally photographic technology company and manufacturer of premium cameras and lenses, would like to announce the following change in the company’s management level staff. Ronald Marcel Peters, board member responsible for Finance, Controlling, Human Resources, IT, Legal and Compliance und Facility Management since 2012 will be leaving the company at his own request on 15 July 2019 to address new challenges in the Netherlands. Mr Peters has held the position of Company CFO since 2012.
- 10/07/2019 As many different facets as life itself: the Leica V-Lux 5 With the Leica V-Lux 5, Leica Camera AG presents one of the most versatile and multifaceted cameras in its product portfolio. A particularly high-performance zoom lens and a newly developed, larger sensor ensure excellent imaging performance. Its bright and clear OLED electronic viewfinder and a fully articulated touchscreen panel on the back make composition easy and efficient. Thanks to fast autofocus and a high continuous-shooting rate the camera reliably captures every detail, while innovative exposure modes like Focus Stacking and Post-focusing enrich its wide range of functions. The addition of modern and ground-breaking connectivity features – in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS App – makes the Leica V-Lux 5 a universal, high-performance camera for all photographic needs.
- 08/07/2019 Express yourself and capture life with Leica’s brand new accessories for women This summer Leica launches its long-awaited accessory collection dedicated to women who care about their image and the ones they create. The leather accessory collection consists of a limited-edition wicker basket and shopping tote, and two chic protectors for the new Leica Q2. The accessories are designed and handcrafted in Europe, and made from the finest Italian and Spanish leather.
- 24/06/2019 Leica M-E: Entry level access to the M-System The Leica M-E makes starting out in the M-System easier than ever before. The latest model of the legendary camera family specifically addresses newcomers to the system and correspondingly comes at an extremely attractive price. As is the case with all other Leica M models, the M-E systematically reflects the Leica design philosophy of reduction to the essential photographic functions. This enables intuitive handling and, in consequence, allows its users to concentrate completely on what’s important – composing and making pictures.
- 19/06/2019 Urban special edition: LEICA CL ‘URBAN JUNGLE by JEAN PIGOZZI’ Leica Camera AG presents the LEICA CL ‘URBAN JUNGLE by JEAN PIGOZZI’, a special edition of the Leica CL compact system camera created in collaboration with French-Italian photographer, entrepreneur and art collector Jean Pigozzi. The leathering of the camera features a unique urban design that reflects its name. This special edition set of the Leica CL includes an Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens with a focal length that makes it ideal for street photography and thus perfectly matches the urban theme of the special edition. The design of the robust carrying strap that also belongs to the set has also won several awards.
- 18/06/2019 ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’: the twelve finalists have been chosen The twelve finalists of this year’s Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) have been chosen. The complete portfolios from the categories ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ can now be viewed at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. Around 2,300 photographers from a total of 99 different countries submitted entries to the LOBA competition in 2019.
- 11/06/2019 ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ at the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar: winning bid of over 1 million euros for a Leica MP-2 Under the new name ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ (formerly ‘WestLicht Photographica Auction’), the now 34th in the series of camera auctions, which took place in the Leica Welt in the Leitz Park in Wetzlar, registered numerous top auction results. The 1 million euro mark was topped again at the auction on 8 June: Eventually sold for 1,020,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium, a Leica MP-2 was the absolute highlight of the auction.