201917/09/2019 New: LEICA M MONOCHROM “Signature” by Andy Summers A flawless union of supreme craftsmanship, rock ‘n’ roll and photography comes to life with the introduction of Leica and Fender Custom Shop’s limited-edition camera-Stratocaster® guitar pairing. Created in collaboration with Andy Summers, an accomplished photographer, former member of the Grammy® award-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band The Police and one of the greatest guitarists in the world, the LEICA M MONOCHROM “Signature” by Andy Summers camera represents a striking synergy of music and photography.
- 03/09/2019 Mustafah Abdulaziz is the winner of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2019 The winners of this year’s long-established and internationally acclaimed Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photographic competition have been chosen. In the main category, ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, American photographer Mustafah Abdulaziz convinced the five members of the jury with his series titled ‘Water’. In the category ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and-coming photographers up to the age of 28, German photographer Nanna Heitmann won the award with her project titled ‘Hiding from Baba Yaga’.
- 15/08/2019 Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH.: A versatile standard focal length has been added to the lens portfolio for the Leica SL and other L-Mount systems Leica Camera AG has expanded the Summicron-SL lens family with another high-performance lens: the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. Its focal length makes the new SL-Lens extremely versatile and recommends it for use in almost any situation – for instance, reportage and travel photography, studio work, architectural, landscape, portrait, close-up or documentary photography. As is the case with the other Summicron-SL lenses, the APO-Summicron-SL 50 mm f/2 ASPH. sets standards and takes its place as the new reference lens among the standard focal lengths.
- 01/08/2019 Leica Geovid "2019 Edition" I binocoli Leica Geovid, punti di riferimento nella telemetria laser, sono compagni affidabili e risultano indispensabili per molti cacciatori. A partire da agosto, Leica offre il Geovid 8x42 HD-B 3000 e il Geovid 10x42 HD-B 3000 in una speciale “2019 Edition” – caratterizzata dal nuovo rivestimento verde oliva. Ambedue i modelli saranno disponibili in quantità limitate solo fino a marzo 2020.
- 25/07/2019 Leica Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germania) espande la fortunata serie Leica Fortis 6 con un altro cannocchiale da puntamento: il Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i. La combinazione perfetta tra l’elevatissima resa ottica e il design snello rende unico il Fortis 6 2.5-15 x 56i fra i cannocchiali con zoom 6x e lente frontale da 56 mm di diametro.
- 11/07/2019 Chief Financial Officer is leaving Leica Camera AG Leica Camera AG, an internationally photographic technology company and manufacturer of premium cameras and lenses, would like to announce the following change in the company’s management level staff. Ronald Marcel Peters, board member responsible for Finance, Controlling, Human Resources, IT, Legal and Compliance und Facility Management since 2012 will be leaving the company at his own request on 15 July 2019 to address new challenges in the Netherlands. Mr Peters has held the position of Company CFO since 2012.
- 10/07/2019 As many different facets as life itself: the Leica V-Lux 5 With the Leica V-Lux 5, Leica Camera AG presents one of the most versatile and multifaceted cameras in its product portfolio. A particularly high-performance zoom lens and a newly developed, larger sensor ensure excellent imaging performance. Its bright and clear OLED electronic viewfinder and a fully articulated touchscreen panel on the back make composition easy and efficient. Thanks to fast autofocus and a high continuous-shooting rate the camera reliably captures every detail, while innovative exposure modes like Focus Stacking and Post-focusing enrich its wide range of functions. The addition of modern and ground-breaking connectivity features – in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS App – makes the Leica V-Lux 5 a universal, high-performance camera for all photographic needs.
- 08/07/2019 Express yourself and capture life with Leica’s brand new accessories for women This summer Leica launches its long-awaited accessory collection dedicated to women who care about their image and the ones they create. The leather accessory collection consists of a limited-edition wicker basket and shopping tote, and two chic protectors for the new Leica Q2. The accessories are designed and handcrafted in Europe, and made from the finest Italian and Spanish leather.
- 24/06/2019 Leica M-E: Entry level access to the M-System The Leica M-E makes starting out in the M-System easier than ever before. The latest model of the legendary camera family specifically addresses newcomers to the system and correspondingly comes at an extremely attractive price. As is the case with all other Leica M models, the M-E systematically reflects the Leica design philosophy of reduction to the essential photographic functions. This enables intuitive handling and, in consequence, allows its users to concentrate completely on what’s important – composing and making pictures.
- 19/06/2019 Urban special edition: LEICA CL ‘URBAN JUNGLE by JEAN PIGOZZI’ Leica Camera AG presents the LEICA CL ‘URBAN JUNGLE by JEAN PIGOZZI’, a special edition of the Leica CL compact system camera created in collaboration with French-Italian photographer, entrepreneur and art collector Jean Pigozzi. The leathering of the camera features a unique urban design that reflects its name. This special edition set of the Leica CL includes an Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens with a focal length that makes it ideal for street photography and thus perfectly matches the urban theme of the special edition. The design of the robust carrying strap that also belongs to the set has also won several awards.