201718/09/2017 Leica Eyecare – Leica Camera AG now enters the market for ophthalmic lenses in a cooperative venture with Novacel Leica Camera AG expands its business activities. From 1 October, the product portfolio of the premium manufacturer from Wetzlar will be adding ophthalmic lenses to its existing portfolio of cameras, lenses and sport optics products. The innovative, high-quality Leica spectacle lenses will be developed in collaboration with Novacel and produced in France. The Leica Eyecare product portfolio will be distributed by Novacel and the lenses will be available from ophthalmic opticians.
- 14/09/2017 Leica Camera AG honours the winners of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in the course of a formal gala event Yesterday evening, the two photographers, Terje Abusdal and Sergey Melnitchenko, were honoured with the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) and Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer before an audience of around 300 guests in Berlin’s Saint Elisabeth church. The international jury of experts had chosen a total of twelve finalists from the 2,700 portfolios of photographs submitted for the competition. This year, the long-established, international award was presented for the 37th time – the formal gala event was hosted by Till Brönner, the acclaimed jazz trumpeter and an accomplished Leica photographer.
- 04/09/2017 Binocoli mitici con tecnologia moderna Con il Leica Trinovid, Leica Sport Optics presenta una linea di binocoli moderni caratterizzati da un design classico e intramontabile. La nuova gamma Trinovid è disponibile in tre colori, rivestimenti e ingrandimenti per continuare la storia del leggendario e inconfondibile Leitz Trinovid.
- 31/08/2017 Leica is once again photography partner of ‘PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai’ As the official photography partner for the third time in succession, Leica Camera AG will be presenting a multifaceted exhibition of images from the genre street photography at this year’s PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai (from 8 to 10 September 2017). The exhibition will be featuring iconic works by world famous and highly acclaimed Magnum photographer Elliott Erwitt, pictures by Joel Meyerowitz, one of the most prominent representatives of US-American street and colour photography and also a Leica Hall of Fame Award winner, photography by Matt Stuart, the rising international star of Leica street photography and the young Chinese street and documentary photographer Ya’nan Li.
- 24/08/2017 Leica V-Lux Explorer Kit: From today, the universal compact camera is now also available as a set with added extras From today, the universal compact camera for travel, wildlife and sports photography - the Leica V-Lux - is also available as a set with additional accessories. In addition to the camera, the set includes a ‘Bowery for Leica, Nylon, black’ system bag from the exclusive ‘ONA for Leica’ bag collection. The robust bag is distinguished by its style and functionality. With its cleverly designed features and variable inner compartments, it offers optimum protection and ample space for the safe stowage of the camera kit and personal items. The set also includes a ‘Leica Rope Strap designed by COOPH’ in red.
- 24/08/2017 Matthias Harsch named as the new CEO at Leica Camera AG The Supervisory Board of Leica Camera AG has appointed Mr Matthias Harsch (52) as the Chief Executive Officer of Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, as of 1 September 2017.
- 16/08/2017 Il settore di ottica sportiva di Leica offre un nuovo pacchetto «Closer to Nature» Il settore di ottica sportiva di Leica (Wetzlar) offre un nuovo pacchetto «Closer to Nature» costituito da Leica APO-Televid 82 W, dall’oculare vario Leica 25-50X WW ASPH, dall’estensione Leica 1.8x, dal treppiede Gitzo Mountaineer e dalla testa fluida a due vie Gitzo. Con questo pregiato set, il cliente riceve un significativo vantaggio economico rispetto al prezzo consigliato non vincolante dei singoli prodotti.
- 09/08/2017 Norwegian photographer Terje Abusdal wins the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2017 with his long-term project titled ‘Slash & Burn’ The winners of this year’s long-established and internationally acclaimed Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photographic competition have been chosen. In the main category, ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, Norwegian photographer Terje Abusdal convinced the five members of the jury with his impressive long-term project titled ‘Slash & Burn’. In the category ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and-coming professional photographers aged up to 25, Sergey Melnitchenko from the Ukraine won through against around 800 other candidates with his portfolio ‘Behind the Scenes’.
- 10/07/2017 Leica Camera presents the Leica TL2: Perfected features and persuasive performance meet unique design Based on the Leica TL-System, which has been continuously advanced in terms of speed, ease of handling and flexibility since its market launch, the new Leica TL2 embraces all the perfected features and leads the innovative camera concept into a new generation with additional innovations and new design aspects. The particular hallmark of the Leica TL2 is the unusual design of its compact body. Each camera body is precisely machined from a single block of aluminium in the Leica factory. The use of premium materials and their engineering in an elaborate manufacturing process are unique in the history of camera construction and lend the Leica TL2 an unmistakeable look, feel and solidity.
- 22/06/2017 Leica Sport Optics offre un nuovo “Travel Package” Leica Sport Optics offre un nuovo “Travel Package” costituito dal cannocchiale Leica APO-Televid 65 W, l'oculare zoom Leica Vario 25-50x WW ASPH., un treppiede Gitzo e una testa fluida Gitzo a 2 movimenti. Per il cliente, l'acquisto di questo kit di alta qualità si traduce in un risparmio considerevole sul prezzo al dettaglio dei singoli componenti.