201822/03/2018 Leica Camera AG integrates Sinar Photography in its own organisational structure Within the context of the worldwide realignment of the Leica professional sales network, product management, marketing, sales and distribution and service for Sinar Photography products will be integrated into the newly created Professional Channel/B2B of Leica Camera AG and, in future, will be managed and controlled from Wetzlar. In the course of this, the Sinar offices currently located in Zurich will be closed with effect from 31.3.2018 and Sinar Photography AG will be merged with Leica Camera AG Schweiz, located in Nidau, Switzerland.
- 15/03/2018 Leica confirms its commitment to photography as an official partner of Photo London 2018 As a camera and optics brand, Leica has been deeply involved in not only the production but the culture of photography since its inception. The brand’s passion for this art form is still something that it heavily involves itself in today. For Leica, photography has always been at the forefront of its thoughts and actions; Leica is photography. It is then befitting that for the third year running, Leica Camera will be the Official Partner of Photo London and is proud to host the Leica Collector’s Lounge.
- 14/03/2018 Leica D-Lux Explorer Kit: the high-performance compact camera is now also available as a set with added extras Leica Camera AG is now offering the universal Leica D-Lux camera in a brand new set. In addition to the camera, the set also includes additional accessories such as the automatic lens cap. This intelligently designed lens cap enables users to take pictures at any time without having to remove the cap from the lens. And it never gets in the way, even for spontaneous snapshots with the zoom lens – the shutters of the lens cap open up automatically as soon as the lens is extended and the camera is ready to shoot. Also part of the set, the popular Leica Rope Strap in red is designed by COOPH and made from robust mountaineering rope.
- 08/03/2018 NOVITÀ: Leica Tempus ASPH. Con il nuovo mirino a punto rosso Tempus ASPH. Leica Sport Optic porta flessibilità e velocità nella caccia. Leica è il primo costruttore al top che progetta il suo mirino a punto rosso con una lente asferica che assicura un punto illuminato ancora più nitido e brillante, altissima qualità d'immagine e straordinario comfort visivo.
- 08/03/2018 Leica Noctivid in un'edizione verde oliva Con il Leica Noctivid, Leica Sport Optics ha stabilito un nuovo standard fra gli strumenti ottici dedicati all'osservazione. Oltre un secolo di esperienza nella progettazione ottica ha gettato le basi per questa nuova generazione di binocoli Leica, che offrono una qualità senza precedenti. Ora, in aggiunta alla versione nera, i modelli Leica Noctivid sono disponibili anche in finitura verde oliva.
- 08/03/2018 New: Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’ Leica Camera AG presents an unusual special edition of its digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor: the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’. Comprising a camera and a Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens, the edition was designed by Marcus Wainwright, founder and owner of the New York fashion label ‘rag & bone’. The aim of his design concept is the individualised perfection of existing icons. With the M Monochrom camera, the dedicated Leica photographer and lover of black-and-white photography takes the unobtrusiveness of the camera to extremes to create a unique design concept with fluorescent highlights.
- 01/03/2018 LOBA 2018: Photographers can submit their entries to the prestigious photographic competition from 1 March to 5 April 2018 Starting today, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers under the age of 25 can submit online entries to the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) 2018 international photographic competition at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. Until 5 April 2018, all entrants have the opportunity to submit a self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between people and their environment with a watchful eye in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2017 and 2018 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period.
Leica Camera and pmdtechnologies announce a strategic technology cooperation to offer optimized lenses for 3D sensor solutions
In context of the Mobile World Congress Leica Camera AG and pmdtechnologies ag, the leading fabless IC supplier of high-performance Time-of-Flight (ToF) depth sensing solutions, today announced a strategic alliance to jointly develop and market 3D sensing camera solutions for mobile devices. The partnership utilizes the core competencies of both companies to develop optimized lenses for the specific requirements of 3D depth sensing solutions. With tailor-made optics the partners address the increasing demand especially from the mobile device segment for highly efficient lenses with compact dimensions. The spatial proximity of the two companies allows a particularly fast and efficient coordination during development, testing and optimization of the lenses for the 3D sensor systems.
- 12/02/2018 Leica Q ‘Snow’ by Iouri Podladtchikov Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: the Leica Q ‘Snow’ by Iouri Podladtchikov. This limited edition has been created in collaboration with Swiss world champion snowboarder (halfpipe) Iouri Podladtchikov, whose own ideas inspired the design of the camera.
- 01/02/2018 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2018 The prestigious international photographic competition staged by Leica Camera AG enters the next round. From 1 March to 5 April 2018, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers aged up to 25 will be able to submit entries for the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award online. The competition calls for the submission of self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographers perceive and document the interaction between man and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2017 and 2018 or work from long-term projects including at least one photograph made in this period. Entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com from 1 March 2018.